Polyurethane Formulation Chemist
• Researches, develops and maintains new and existing formulas for polyurethane technologies.
• Designs, assesses, and documents the feasibility of new and emerging polyurethane technologies.
• Responsible for scale up and pilot plant manufacturing of all new or modified polyurethane formulations.
• Expected to interact with clients, sales and engineering to solve customer application problems with polyurethane technologies.
• Uses independent judgment and interpretation to apply scientific principles and personal technical expertise to accomplish product application, design and development objectives.
• Conducts product testing and performance analysis.
• Evaluates raw materials for standard product and potential new uses.
• Compiles data into meaningful reports.
• Researches and develops environmentally-friendly technology.
• Conceptualizes, prioritizes, schedules, and executes project deliverables.
• Provides exceptional business support within the organization.
• Collaborates with Customer Service, Sales, and Marketing Teams as needed.
• Answers technical calls and analyzes and support field applications.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment in the lab.
• Must effectively present/communicate technical data to others.
• May review and prepare patent applications and manuscripts for publication or presentation at technical meetings.
• Provides technical training and support for QC, Production, Sales staff, Customers, and others.
• Assists in resolving technical issues with customers (travel to visit customers, as necessary).
• Assists in the preparation and review of marketing and sales literature.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
• A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Chemistry with a minimum of five years of bench experience in polyurethane formulation and testing.
• Must posses a successful track record of formulating innovative high performance products.
• Must possess self-motivation and the ability to effectively and professionally influence others. Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally. Able to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
• Proven skills in creating strong and collaborative relationships within the organization.
• Strong project management skills, able to balance competing priorities, and deliver against deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, professional environment.
• Effective written/oral communication skills are a must.
Alan Vandenburgh 414-257-9565