Call for Technical Papers for
Polyurethane Foam Association November 5-6 Fall Meeting
Deadline for abstracts/summaries is September 12, 2014
(LOUDON, TN) -- The Polyurethane Foam Association is accepting proposals for technical presentations for its fall meeting, November 5-6 at the Chattanoogan Hotel, a AAA four-diamond hotel in Chattanooga, Tennessee, named one of the New York Times’ top 50 places to visit in the U.S.
“This is an opportunity to present technical information on commercialized innovations, and for those conducting research related to the performance, environmental management, or production of flexible polyurethane foam to share with peers and be recognized for their contributions to the industry,” explained Bob Luedeka, PFA executive director.
Presentations about flexible polyurethane foam (FPF) must not exceed 30 minutes in length and presenters must submit an abstract with request for presentation and later include a written paper with slide file that becomes part of PFA’s online information library.
Recent presentations have included:
· JFLEX Technology Production Results*
· Advancements in PET-based FPFs
· Low VOC Aromatic Polyester Polyol for FPFs
· Reactivity Rates and Physical Properties for Zinc Pyrithione Formulated Foam
· New Tin Catalyst for Use in FPF Applications
· New Polymer Polyol for Combustion Modified HR Foams
· New Methods for Identification of Flame Retardants in Polyurethane Foams*
· New Chemical Technology for the Production of Super High Air Flow Flexible Foams*
· Testing Emanations of FPFs for the Presence of Free TDI or MDI
*Recipients of the $500 Herman Stone Technical Excellence awards, based on peer evaluation when eight or more technical papers are presented
To be eligible for presentation, papers must have a non-commercial focus and specifically address topics related to slabstock or molded flexible polyurethane production, raw material developments, environmental performance, product evaluation, novel commercial applications, or production control.
Deadline for submitting an abstract or summary of proposed presentation is September 12, 2014.
Founded in 1980, Polyurethane Foam Association technical programs have provided opportunities for more than 300 presentations. Abstracts of past presentations are available online at www.pfa.org/abstracts.